Peachtree City and Newnan Divorce and Family Law Firm
Accomplished Georgia attorney serving residents of Fayette and Coweta Counties
Going to court is never easy, but it can be particularly uncomfortable when you are in the legal system to resolve divorce terms or another type of domestic matter. The choices you make during this time could alter the course of your life or your children’s. One of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing an attorney to guide you through the process and protect your interests. At Thomas F. Tierney, Attorney at Law, I understand the pressure you’re facing and have helped people facing similar challenges for more than 30 years. No matter how difficult your situation might seem, I will develop a thorough strategy aimed at achieving a satisfactory conclusion for you. I appreciate the emotional gravity of family law matters and offer you knowledgeable counsel and determined representation.
Seasoned legal counselor provides trustworthy advice and skillful advocacy
A divorce or some other type of personal legal matter can affect you long after the specific case is closed. That is why it is critical to retain an attorney who is:
- Experienced — Since 1993, I have litigated civil and criminal matters in Georgia courts. I am an accomplished trial lawyer with detailed knowledge of substantive law and court procedure. When possible, I work to achieve mutually acceptable resolutions through negotiation or mediation.
- Diligent — When my firm takes on a case, I use a hands-on approach to help clients achieve their objectives. I will work one-on-one with you so that I fully understand the relevant facts of your case.
- Determined — As your advocate, I am determined to deliver the best possible results given the circumstances of your case. You can count on me to search for creative solutions that help you move forward on a strong foundation.
Though taking the first step to obtain legal relief can be emotional, you can rely on me to apply all of my knowledge, skill and energy to the pursuit of a favorable outcome for your family law issue.
Knowledgeable lawyer offers a wide range of family law services
Family law encompasses a multitude of issues affecting marriage, divorce, and parenting. Clients most often retain my services for:
- Divorce — If you’ve decided to divorce, you have many options about how to approach the legal process. When a settlement cannot be easily negotiated, many couples benefit from mediation, in which a neutral third-party guides discussions toward a reasonable compromise. This enables the couple to have an uncontested divorce which avoids a trial. However, if the best way to secure fair terms relating to parenting and financial issue, I am always prepared to go to court.
- Child custody, visitation and support — Parents of minor children should take great care to establish appropriate custody and visitation arrangements. My firm examines each situation thoroughly to identify a parenting plan that is truly in the best interests of clients’ sons and daughters. I also assist with all types of child support matters, including modification and enforcement actions.
- Spousal support — I provide representation for spouses who are either seeking alimony or might be obliged to make payments to their ex. Disputes can arise over temporary alimony to be paid while the divorce is pending or a final determination to be included as part of the divorce decree.
Contact an experienced Georgia family law attorney
Thomas F. Tierney, Attorney at Law advises Georgians on a wide range of family law matters, as well as other legal concerns. To make an appointment at my Peachtree City or Newnan office, please call 770-796-4031 or contact me online. Free telephone consultations are available.